World Oceans Day
June 08: World Oceans Day
World Oceans Day is celebrated around the world every June 8th. The health of the ocean has a direct impact on all life on Earth. Your everyday decisions play a role in ocean health, so take positive action to protect the sea!
A healthy world ocean is critical to our survival. Every year, World Oceans Day provides a unique opportunity to honour, help protect, and conserve the world’s oceans. Oceans are very important:
- They generate most of the oxygen we breathe
- They help feed us
- They regulate our climate
- They clean the water we drink
- They offer a pharmacopoeia of medicines
- They provide limitless inspiration!
To know more about it visit here